Privacy and Security Policy
Privacy and Security Policy
dated 18th August, 2017
The website www.rawlplug.co.za (the “Website”) is provided by Rawlplug S.A. with its registered office at 6 Kwidzynska St., 51-416 Wroclaw, Poland (“Rawlplug”) as a service to its customers, unless specifically provided otherwise on a Website. Rawlplug is committed to protecting your online privacy and secure all important data you provide to us. Any personal information Rawlplug collects will be used in accordance with Law on Protection of Personal Information dated 29th July 1997 (Dz.U. 2016.922, consolidated text) as amended from time to time and other applicable laws.
Any personal information provided to, or to be collected by, Rawlplug is administered primarily by Rawlplug.
This policy applies to information Rawlplug collects:
- on this Website.
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- when you interact with Rawlplug’s advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Rawlplug offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Rawlplug or any third party (including Rawlplug’s affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party (including Rawlplug’s affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
I. Children under the age of 16
The Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. Rawlplug does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to Rawlplug, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If Rawlplug learns it has collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, Rawlplug will delete that information. If you believe Rawlplug might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact Rawlplug at email@example.com
II. Information Rawlplug collects
Rawlplug will not collect personal information about you, except where it is specifically and knowingly provided by you. Rawlplug may collect information it learns about you from your use of the Website. As such Rawlplug may collect and process the following data about you. Examples of such information are:
- contact and identification information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, date of birth, identification and/or tax numbers,
- payment information, such as your payment card number and expiration date, bank account number.
- information that you provide when completing forms on the Website. This includes information provided at the time of creating an account, purchasing a product, subscribing to a newsletter, posting material or requesting other services. Rawlplug may also ask you for information when you enter any competitions or promotions on the Website and when you report a problem with the Website.
- login and access credentials, such as your username and password for your account on the Website, or social media identifications.
- data Rawlplug receives from the computer, mobile phone or other device you use to access the Website including but not limited to your IP address, location, time, the browser you use, your operating system or the pages you visit.
- data Rawlplug receives when you interact with the Website, for example when you view another person’s profile or post content.
Rawlplug collects this information:
• directly from you when you provide it to Rawlplug.
• automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Rawlplug may also collect information regarding your marketing preferences. In accordance with your preferences, Rawlplug may contact you with offers and information about Rawlplug’s goods and services; for market research purposes and to enable carefully selected third parties to contact you with offers and information about their goods and services. You may change your preferences at any time by contacting us using the contact details shown on the Website.
The information Rawlplug collects will also be used to help us review, develop and improve the goods and services Rawlplug offers.
If applicable, you also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, Rawlplug cannot control the actions of other users of the Website or third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, Rawlplug cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Rawlplug may request specific personal information in order to provide certain services available through Website. If you do not provide these personal information, you will not be able to submit a request to Rawlplug for such services and therefore no agreement for such services may be concluded.
III. Information Rawlplug collects through automatic data collection technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, Rawlplug may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
• details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
• information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information Rawlplug may collect automatically may include personal information. It helps Rawlplug to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling Rawlplug to:
• estimate its audience size and usage patterns.
• store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests.
• speed up your searches.
• recognize you when you return to the Website.
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a user’s device. You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org and www.youronlinechoices.eu.
Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences (for example language choice), and generally improving the user experience. They can also help to ensure that adverts you see online are more relevant to you and your interests.
Cookies are referred to as session or persistent, depending on how long they are stored on your computer or device:
- session cookies only last for the length of your online session. They disappear from your computer or device when you close your browser.
- persistent cookies stay on your computer or device after the browser has been closed and last for a set period of time specified in the cookie. These cookies are activated each time you visit the site that generated the cookie.
Performance cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
The Website currently uses few types of performance cookies including Google Analytics.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics sets a cookie in order to evaluate yours use of the Website and compiles reports on user activity. Google stores the information collected by the cookie on servers in the United States. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using the Site, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
It is possible to opt out of having your anonymized browsing activity within websites recorded by analytics cookies:
Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- identifying you when you sign-in to the Website. This allows Rawlplug to provide you with product recommendations, display personalized content, recognize you as a prime member (if applicable), and for example enable you to use 1-Click purchasing, among other customized features and services Rawlplug provides.
- keeping track of your specified preferences. You may generally exercise your preferences through your account.
- keeping track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- preventing fraudulent activity.
- improving security.
- marketing of own products.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customize. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Managing cookies in your browser
Modern browsers allow you to perform a number of tasks in relation to cookies including the ability to view the cookies currently stored on your computer or device and delete them on an individual basis, block third party cookies, block cookies from particular sites, prevent all cookies from being set and delete all cookies when you close your web browser.
You should note that any individual preferences will be lost if you delete cookies, including a preference to opt out of cookies (since this requires an opt-out cookie to be set). If you choose to block cookies completely, many websites will not work properly and some functionality may be lost.
The links below take you to the relevant ‘Help’ sections for the major web browsers. Here you will be able to find out more information about how to manage your cookies.
Rawlplug does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
V. Use of information
Rawlplug will use your information to provide and personalize the Website. Rawlplug may also use your contact details to communicate with you. Your data and information will enable us to notify you about important functionality changes to the Website and will be used for statistical analysis purposes to improve the quality and the services offered to you.
Rawlplug may use the information it collects for a range of business purposes, including but not limited to:
- present the Website and its contents to you;
- provide and deliver products and services and fulfill your orders;
- process, record and track your purchases, payments, returns, warranties, and rebates;
- fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- communicate with you through various channels;
- evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries, and applications;
- carry out Rawlplug’s obligations and enforce its rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Rawlplug, including for billing and collection
- create and manage your account registrations;
- conduct and administer contests, promotions and surveys;
- customize your experiences in our stores and online, including customized advertisements and offers;
- publish public product reviews as submitted by you and other customers;
- operate, evaluate, and improve business, products, and services (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research, and data analytics; determining and managing the effectiveness of advertising and marketing; analyzing products, services, websites and applications; administering the Website and applications; and perform accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities);
- protect against and prevent fraud and unauthorized transactions, investigate and manage claims, risk exposure, and quality, and generally improve and provide security;
- comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards, and Rawlplug’s policies and terms;
- in any other way Rawlplug may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
VI. Sharing of the information Rawlplug receives
Rawlplug may share your information with its group companies including its subsidiaries, any holding company and any associates in existence from time to time. Without prejudice to the preceding provision, Rawlplug may export your personal information outside European Union. In such case, Rawlplug guarantees that your personal information will be processed in accordance with applicable laws. You may request Rawlplug to provide you with an information about measures applied to protect such exported information, instruction how to receive a copy of your information or about a place where such information may be made available to you.
Rawlplug uses third parties to carry out certain activities on its behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, carrying out surveys and installations, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These third parties have access to personal information provided to them and needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
To protect against fraudulent transactions Rawlplug may pass personal information to external agencies that will check the information Rawlplug gives them against public and private databases and may keep a record of such checks to use in future security checks.
Rawlplug may disclose personal information that it collects or you provide as described in this Privacy and Security Policy to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Rawlplug’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Rawlplug about the Website users is among the assets transferred
You consent, that Rawlplug may share your personal information with carefully selected third parties so they may contact you with offers and information about their goods and services. You may change your preferences at any time by contacting us using the contact details listed on the Website.
Rawlplug may also disclose your personal information to third parties if:
- it reasonably believes to be required to do so by law, regulation or other government authority;
- it reasonably believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Rawlplug, its customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- it sells or buys any business or assets, in which case Rawlplug may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Rawlplug’s assets, or substantially all of its assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Rawlplug about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- it is necessary to enforce or apply General Terms and Conditions of ………….……………………… and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
VII. Links to third party websites
Rawlplug may from time to time establish relationships with other third party companies and the Website may contain links to and from such third party websites. Rawlplug will try to provide you with links to high quality, reputable sites which it believes will be of interest and relevant to you, but please note that such third party sites are not under its control and Rawlplug does not contribute to the content of such sites.
If you follow a link to any third party website, please note that they will have their own policies. When you click through to these sites you leave the area controlled by Rawlplug. Rawlplug cannot accept responsibility for any issues arising in connection with either the third party’s use of your data, the site content or the services offered to you by these sites. Rawlplug therefore encourages you to check any third party website’s policies before you submit any personal data to these sites.
Rawlplug maintains administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed and intended to protect personal information against accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Despite these safeguards, due to inherent uncertainty in the use of the Internet and information systems and the potential for unlawful attacks by third parties, Rawlplug cannot guarantee that the use of systems, websites (including the Website) or applications will be completely safe or secure.
Information Rawlplug collects and use may be transferred, stored and accessed globally to support operations of Rawlplug, its subsidiaries, holding companies and associates. Rawlplug retains information for as long as it is needed or useful to provide and improve Rawlplug’s products and services, comply with its legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce its agreements.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where Rawlplug has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. Rawlplug asks you not to share your password with anyone. Rawlplug also urges you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although Rawlplug does its very best to protect your personal information, Rawlplug cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to the Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. Rawlplug is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
IX. Accessing and correcting your information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send Rawlplug an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, limit the processing, move or delete any personal information that you have provided to Rawlplug. Rawlplug cannot delete your personal information without deleting your user account. Rawlplug may not accommodate a request to change information if it believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect. You may withdraw your consent allowing Rawlplug to process personal information provided by you, unless the processing is justified on other legal basis. Such withdrawal does not affect legality of any activities by Rawlplug regarding your personal information which were carried out on the basis of your consent until it was withdrawn.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
XI. Contact details and other information
You may contact us via email: email@example.com or telephone: +48 (71) 32 60 100. Rawlplug designates Paweł Panaś to be its representative in any matters relating to this Policy.
You are entitled to file a claim to the supervisory body in Poland, mainly Generalny Inspektor Ochrony Danych Osobowych http://www.giodo.gov.pl/